Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gekko - 8

Over the weekend I was playing with some oke designs for the latest challenge mentioned on previous post. Towards the end of the test and tune of the 3rd design , my PC frooze. NOOOOO.
I havn't had a freeze up in a couple of years. I suspect I had too many programs and a download running all at once.
I tried in vain to get the old box revived but had to push reset. Bye Bye oke's.
By that point my brain was mush, and eyes red. I knew that I was going to start over.

I had a few minutes left before calling it a night so I reboot and proceeded to recreate the "Gekko - 8" program using the Prowler with the shotgun, rockets . This is not my design. Very little know about the program except it was used in a competition described HERE.
No hardware specifications were described for use on this program so I also recreated a second "Gekko - 8" Prowler OKE identical to the first except the oke uses 8 missiles.
Eventually I will submit the game save to the Over Kill Engineers site for competition .

Warning - Despite the clever use of only 16 blocks on the cpu - this Prowler is dangerous.
From Carnage Heart - OKE Programs

I use the Gekko to benchmark my designs.

Download bin HERE

edit:
Try creating other 2 leg okes other than the Prowler body and copy this design. Using Shotgun/Rocket is the deadliest.

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, I've had a similar incident yesterday, I keep all my emulation stuff on a single SD card. Last night that card was missing. (I suspect a victim of my spontaneous cleaning spree. so the 5 fan-oke's I managed to input last week are for the moment gone. Fortunatly all my other data is either backed up on my central storage or uploaded.) so the fan gamesave will have to wait... again...

    That Gekko is sick! But reveals unintended emergent game play. Sure its mine stupid, but the exploitation of action override, auto turn and looping makes this literally a mindless killing machine.

    Ooh gotta try this on an IronDeath. See if the auto turn still works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to see someone else has found the Gecko design. When I was first playing the game back in 1998, I found this design on the internet and printed it up. When I started playing again about 3 years ago, I went searching for the design on the internet but could not find it. Luckily, my wife was cleaning out a closet and found my original 10 year old printout. I made the attached image and uploaded it to Wikipedia, linking it on my account page.

    I used to have the hardware specifications as well. Anyway, the design seems to work as long as it is a two legged OKE with a shotgun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just found the original printout again. It looks like it was created by someone using the handle "Sato(BIP House)"

    Here are the hardware stats:
    Body: Prowler
    Engine: Tyron1
    Main-W: Shotgun
    Main-M: 100-HD
    Sub-W: 8-rocket-pod
    CPU: CP-588FX
    FuelTank: 40-Litter
    Armor: 25mm
    Option: None
    Paint: pattern-5

    The printout says that I found it on the "Carnage Heart OKE Index", which I assume is no longer around.

    ReplyDelete