Sunday, January 2, 2011

Carnage Holiday Marathon

Ah the holidays have past and now its 2011.
Well, I continued my traditional holiday Carnage Heart Marathon.
I started out with the intention of playing the hard map, no upgrades, and beat my old score.
From Carnage Heart EZ level 1 OKE ranking
My other goal was to build a bOrG180 blaster.

As of this moment, my strategy , oke designs, bOrG killer, are a flop.
I am stuck on trying to penetrate through a bottle neck on the map.
The enemy has upgraded to 4 leg OKEs and now its been a slog fest.
From Carnage Heart Screenshots
The 3 hidden enemy units have popped up at the top of the map and have been dealt with.
Its unlikely I will beat my record this time around.
What I love about this game is the challenge that lays ahead.

So it looks like its time to start with a fresh cpu.

I would like to thank Armased for stopping by and posting the gekko-8 cpu design.
I am a big fan - I have seen your postings on other forums from wayyy back in time.

Also I would like to ask the anonymous poster who is developing the on line version of a CH type game to forward the link to my youtube account - user: "Turbowtie"
thanks.

OK back to the game. Im going to have to work on a "bottleneck buster" oke.

7 comments:

  1. I'm curious, what is your old score? Do you judge your performance based on final credits, turns per level or win/loss ratio?

    You could think of CH like Golf. Each map has a personal "Par" number of turns. What's your best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I base the final credits or the Total Funds remaining after completing the Callisto Scenario ( 8 maps ). Interesting you say par as that's so true.
    If you can beat a map in 15-20 turns your on your way to beating my score.
    I posted a screen shot of my score and total turns for the final map on CH EZ.
    I don't have records of the best for each map except Callisto Map 8 in the same screen capture - 17 turns.

    Just for the record I'm starting on Map6 turn 1 and have $ 1418218. I'm using a new 180process point oke for 80% of time and 3 other okes that are 204 - 206 points to build, using new "Creeper" program .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Speedy, I've made a new Overkill Engineers site. This time it's a proper website and I'm focusing on user generated content. Its just memory card uploads at the moment but more features are on the way.

    http://oke-doke.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see people still loving this game. It deserves to be remembered, remade and released in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys may be interested to know we are working on a PC multiplayer game that uses the same concepts as CH. Players will need to build a mech and then program it just like in CH, though there will be a few enhancements. New features will include:
    *Multicore CPUs
    *More weapon types
    *Personalized emblems
    *Teamplay
    and lots more. I am still working on generating interest as of now, let me know what you guys think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I translated CH:EZ for PSX.

    Search around or message me if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete