Sunday, February 8, 2009

Back in the game

So I have had a chance to blow the dust off the C H disks and PS2. I found most of the memory cards with the save games.  There is still one card that I recall had the best designs and programs. Probably still in one of the many boxes that have to be sorted from when I moved into my house.....9 years ago...
 
I managed to copy the Gekko-8 program and try it out with the Ardink oke's from thePlaystation Underground 1.1 disk and a few of my game oke's . I outfitted the Gekko-8 with the Vypor, shot gun, rockets, Goltex ( all heavy duty parts and max armour ).  This is the most impressive program I have seen. Very simple, efficient and aggresive , a fine example of following the K.I.S.S. rule in design. It beat all Artdink oke's and all but a couple of mine - barely.
Kudos to the designer Sato ( BIP House )
 Hopefully my missing game saves on the 3rd memory card will turn up as it was the latest generation of progams I designed way back in the '90s. If not I will have to design a new tournament version from memory .
 Time is hard to find for play this game and as anyone who played this game, lots of testing and tuning is involved. Eventually, I plan to copy the oke programs that Thufer Hawat posted, then Watsons oke programs as well as posting a couple of mine for anyone looking for something different to battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment